Note: Nothing in this policy is intended to limit any condition, guarantee, right or remedy which may be available under the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993, except as permitted by that Act.
Aber Holdings Ltd T/A Aber Living, Registered Office - 17 Mainstreet Place, Te Rapa, Hamilton, warrants:
- That all appliances and accessories distributed by it to be free from defects in material and workmanship under normal use and service when installed and used in accordance with all applicable local laws and regulations.
- If, during the warranty period, a product fails to operate properly due to defects in workmanship or materials, Aber Living will either, at its option, repair or replace the product without charge to the purchaser.
- In the event that repair is not commercially practicable, or cannot be completed in a timely manner or with the consent of the consumer, a refund may be made.
Duration of Warranty
- The Consumer Guarantees Act prevents the use of arbitrary periods for warranty terms. Therefore, as a guide only to warranty duration, please refer to the product packaging. Note all seconds products have a six month warranty.
- Product warranties are transferable providing the owner has the original proof of purchase.
Exceptions, Exclusions and Limitations of Warranties and Remedies
The following circumstances or events are either deemed to be outside the scope of the general warranty policy as set out above, or will invalidate any warranty claim:
- Normal customer maintenance, including yearly maintenance, routine maintenance, lubrication, etc.
- Installation of the products or removal of products from the original purchaser’s home; or product failure or problems caused by removal or improper or faulty installation of the product in or from the original purchaser’s home.
- Damage caused by the continued use of a product after a fault has occurred.
- Accident, Act of God, nature or war, theft, abuse, misuse, negligence or neglect, including improper installation.
- Failure to operate or maintain the product in accordance with the owner’s manual furnished with the product.
- Any alterations or modifications, including but not limited to those affecting the product’s performance, operation, safety, durability or changes in its intended use.
- Travelling time and transport costs to repair portable or mobile appliances.
- Use of parts or accessories, which are not officially approved by Aber Living.
- Additional damage to parts or components due to consented use occurring after any of the above conditions.
- Damage caused in transit. Aber Living will assist in remedying damage but can only do so if the damage has first been reported to Aber Living Services team within 24 hours of receipt of goods. Otherwise no claim can be lodged.
- Faulty installation or commissioning. Problems of this nature must be reported to the installer for their action. Installers must adhere to the installation instructions as per Aber Livings and the Manufacturer’s product installation manuals and comply with NZ Standards relating to that product.
- Gas appliances not installed by an approved, licensed Gasfitter. Installation by unqualified persons will invalidate the warranty.
- ‘Electrical Fix Wiring’ to the appliance must be installed by a Qualified / Licensed Electrician.
- When goods are acquired for business purposes, the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 shall not apply. However a warranty period of 30 days will be granted.
- Corrosion damage caused by prolonged exposure to the weather, or close proximity to the sea.
- The warranty applies only to the goods supplied and does not cover any subsequent damage incurred.
- Surface oxidization to bare metal, ie. stainless steel.
- Damage or faults occurring as a result of storm or wind damage, UV damage or normal wear and tear.
- No agent, representative, dealer or employee of Aber Living or any other person has the authority to increase or alter the obligations of Aber Living under these warranties.
For more information on Warranty Claim Procedures, please contact us here with your query.